Zerah (Zerach) (Zeus/Jupiter)
- Born: 1565 B.C., Palestine, Canaan
- Marriage (1): (Electra)
- Marriage (2): (Unknown)
Another name for Zerah was Zerach.
Noted events in his life were:
• History. 1Ch 2:3The sons of Judah; Er, and Onan, and Shelah: [which] three were born unto him of the daughter of Shua the Canaanitess. And Er, the firstborn of Judah, was evil in the sight of the LORD; and he slew him.
1Ch 2:4And Tamar his daughter in law bare him Pharez and Zerah. All the sons of Judah [were] five.
1Ch 2:5The sons of Pharez; Hezron, and Hamul.
1Ch 2:6And the sons of Zerah; Zimri, and Ethan, and Heman, and Calcol, and Dara: five of them in all.
Neh 11:24 And Pethahiah the son of Meshezabeel, of the children of Zerah the son of Judah, [was] at the king's hand in all matters concerning the people.
• History. First of the "Scarlet Line" or Red Line.
Gen 38:28 And it came to pass, when she travailed, that the one put out his hand: and the midwife took and bound upon his hand a scarlet thread, saying, This came out first.
Gen 38:29 And it came to pass, as he drew back his hand, that, behold, his brother came out: and she said, How have you broken forth? this breach be upon you: therefore his name was called Perez.
Gen 38:30 And afterward came out his brother, that had the scarlet thread upon his hand: and his name was called Zerah.
• Bible. Gen 38:27 When Tamar's time came to give birth, it turned out that there were twins in her womb.
Gen 38:28 As she was giving birth, one put his hand out; the midwife tied a red thread on his hand, saying, "This one came first."
Gen 38:29 But then he pulled it back and his brother came out. She said, "Oh! A breakout!" So she named him Perez (Breakout).
Gen 38:30 Then his brother came out with the red thread on his hand. They named him Zerah (Bright).
• Ezeaites (Ezrachites). Ezeaite (Ezrachite) means descendant of Zerah
Zerah's descendants are only recorded for THREE generations and then ceases. So either they all died off OR they left the main body of Israel before the Exodus - which is what happened.
• Famous: Sons of Zerah. 1Ki 4:31 and he (Solomon) is wiser than all men, even wiser than the wisest up to that time: Zerah's sons, Ethan and his younger dancing brothers Heman, and Chalcol, and Darda who's names are internationally famous.
Zerah married (Electra), daughter of Atlas and Pleione.
Zerah next married (Unknown).